Monday, March 24, 2014

Roaming through Prague

This is part two of my spring break trip.  If you missed Dublin and St. Patrick's Day, you can find it here.

After Dublin, we set off for Prague.  I really had no idea what to expect from Prague, and I was excited to see somewhere completely different from the UK and Western Europe.  Going from Dublin to Prague was definitely a nice change, because Prague is way more inexpensive than Dublin.  The weather was so pleasant when we first got there, with more sunshine than any of us have seen in quite some time.

On Wednesday, we took a tour around the city, learning about some of the history and the important or well known places.  Prague is absolutely beautiful, and quickly became one of my favorite places.  We went to the famous astronomical clock, Prague Castle, and several amazing cathedrals.  We got to points that look out over the whole city, and the views were so incredible.




Prague Castle





Astronomical Clock




The food in Prague was so good.  Our tour guide recommended a restaurant for us to have lunch, and suggested the goulash.  We also tried these pastries called tredelnik which are kind of like pretzels.  I got mine covered in cinnamon, and it was quite tasty.  An interesting thing I found in Prague was that water is more expensive than beer...


Traditional Czech Goulash

Tredelnik

I would love to go back to Prague and spend more time learning about the city and the Czech people. I wish I had more time to see other parts of the city, but hopefully I will be able to go back someday.

For now, I am back in Scotland, and I just spent the weekend exploring more of the Scottish Highlands which will be in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment