Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, New Adventures

Two weeks from today, I will be living my life very differently, starting a new, exciting, (and yes, a bit scary) adventure across the Atlantic.  I will spend about six months studying at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland.

I have always loved to travel, and since I first went to Europe nearly six years ago, I have desperately wanted to return.  I love the atmosphere that seems to envelop most of Europe: simultaneously old and new, forever remembering the past but also looking to the future.  Studying abroad is a great opportunity to immerse myself in that environment and be more than just a tourist.  I hope to do a lot of exploring and make many new friends from all around the world.  There are just so many opportunities that I cannot wait to embrace!

This blog is a way for me to keep track of all my adventures but also a way for me to share my experiences with anyone who wants to follow along.  I hope to keep it updated as much as possible with pictures and stories and any other shenanigans that may find their way here.  I hope that my readers will enjoy hearing about my experiences as much as I am looking forward to writing about them!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley,
    I know you're on a plane to Scotland at this very moment…but I just couldn't wait to say Welcome to Scotland!
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jose! It's been great so far! Edinburgh has been pretty awesome!

      Delete