Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Finding Harry Potter

Being a huge Harry Potter fan, I thought that this deserved its own post.  On the last day in Edinburgh, we found a nice little cafe called The Elephant House, also known as the birthplace of Harry Potter.  That's right; we ate lunch at the same place where J.K. Rowling began writing the Harry Potter series.


It was such a nice little cafe with really good food.  In the back, there are windows that look out over a graveyard where Rowling supposedly found the name "Tom Riddle."  I want to go back eventually to see if I can find it.  The bathroom walls are also covered in notes made by fans of the series.  There is hardly any empty space left, but I managed to find a little space to leave my own note.  Thanks for all the fun J.K!

No comments:

Post a Comment