Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Almost Over, but Not Quite Yet

It's the last few days here in St. Andrews, and things are getting quieter and quieter.  Students are trickling out of the halls, the rhythmic rattle of suitcase wheels across the cobblestones becoming as common as the squawk of the seagulls.  The nights are filled with last-minute parties, friends clinging onto the last few hours before saying goodbye for the summer.

This past week has been very bittersweet.  There has been the excitement and relief of finishing exams and being able to look forward to my family arriving in a few days, but I have also had to say goodbye to some of the wonderful people I have met over the course of the semester, not knowing when I will get to see them again.  I have really come to love St. Andrews and will miss it when I leave.  St Andrews will always hold a special place in my heart, and I know that I will always look back on my time here and only have fond memories.





I am so glad that I decided to come to St. Andrews and Scotland in general.  I never expected to fall in love with this place as much as I have, but it has certainly become one of my favorite places.  There is a certain charm here that I haven't found anywhere else, and I wish everyone could experience it in the way I have.  I was always told that studying abroad was the best way to experience another place, but now I truly know what that means.

I cannot wait to share this experience with my family when they get here in a couple of days and travel a bit more before concluding this amazing adventure and return home.  I hope to blog about where I travel to with them, so keep an eye out for new posts in the next couple of weeks!  I may be wrapping up my time in St. Andrews, but the adventure certainly is not over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment