Saturday, February 8, 2014

Edinburgh Take Two

I think I have finally settled into life in St Andrews.  I have gotten through two weeks of classes and been involved in the student life around town.  I have joined some clubs/societies here that I hope to get more involved in.  I really like it here and have met so many great people, and I look forward to living here for the rest of the semester.
I have started looking into other adventures while I am here, and I have so far booked a trip to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day weekend as well as a day trip to Loch Ness.  I am looking forward to seeing more of Scotland and even more excited to go to Ireland!  

Today, however, I went back to Edinburgh with some friends and explored the city a little more and participated in the cliche tourist event of eating haggis.  I didn't think that it was too bad, but I don't think I would order it again.  My friends and I also tried some Scottish whisky which I enjoyed much more than the haggis.  
We spent the day exploring the city.  We went to Edinburgh Castle and Calton Hill which both provide great views of the city.  Despite the gray skies and rain, Edinburgh is such a beautiful city.  I hope to go to Glasgow in the near future and compare the two cities, but at this moment, I love visiting Edinburgh and love that it is easy to access from St Andrews.







3 comments:

  1. I have the exact same picture in front of Edinburg castle! 'Glad you're enjoying Scotland. I think I would also take the whiskey over the haggis! Jose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, these pictures are AMAZING! Your mom gave me the blog address to follow along. Stay safe and have fun! Micky (Shannon's mom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Micky! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it!

      Delete